We all love our own little cozy corners of Westchester. There are so many things to do and see, places to eat, parks to visit. Who doesn’t love exploring the county and “finding” the kid-friendly gems! It is our mom-bloggin’ duty to highlight some of those awesome places so that other moms can take advantage too! With each installment one or two new towns/cities will be highlighted to give you a glimpse into the awesomeness that is Westchester! Read all posts in our Spotlight on Westchester Series.
Rye Brook may be a small village in the town of Rye, but that doesn’t stop it from having plenty to offer in the areas of food, shopping and fun for everyone in the family! Moving out of Manhattan, I knew that I would want my family to settle in an area that offered lots of things to do, while still being conveniently close to NYC. With excellent schools and lots to do, it’s no wonder Rye Brook is the perfect place to raise a family!
They don’t call Rye Brook “Tree City USA” for nothing! Beautiful greens and parks can be found all over the village (six to be exact!).
- Crawford Park: With over 35 acres of gardens, Crawford Park is a wonderful place to bring the family for a day of fun in the sun. A walking path surrounds the park, which is very popular with dog walkers and joggers alike. It boasts a beautiful mansion donated by the Crawford Family in 1971 which holds “Music at the Mansion” events that you won’t want to miss! Also equipped with a playground and sensory pavilion, and baseball fields, it’s an ideal spot for the family to spend a full day!
- Other parks to enjoy while in Rye Brook include: Pine Ridge Park, Garibaldi Park, Harkness Park (the best tennis courts), Rye Hills Park (don’t forget to check out its views of the Long-Island Sound), and Rye Brook-King Street Athletic Fields.
Where to Eat
Rye Brook has an array of options for everyone. From romantic to family friendly dining, you can find everything here!
On the run? Make sure to grab a quick bite at the following places:
- Chipotle – Quick and delicious Mexican food.
- Cava – Think Chipotle, but Mediterranean. Not only is it quick and easy, but healthy too!
- Dig Inn – The perfect place for seasonal, farm-sourced food.
- Lenny’s – For over 35 years, Lenny’s has been a Rye Brook staple with exciting bagel options (literally every flavor you can think of).
Have time to sit and eat?
- Fortina – A hip and trendy spot for delicious brickoven pizza and outstanding pasta options. All in a fun, hip atmosphere that’s sure to please the pickiest of pizza eaters!
- Rye Ridge Deli – For those who haven’t tried, the free bowl of pickles are delicious and the options are plentiful. Very family friendly and everything you could want is on the menu! From pancakes to pastrami sandwiches, every diner in your family will be satisfied. Don’t forget to pick up an array of house-made chocolate covered pretzels on the way out.
- Westchester Burger Company – The ultimate family dining spot. It is large and airy so you never feel like you are on top of another table and there are a ton of food options. On cold nights, ask to sit next to the ginormous fireplace which gives the atmosphere a homey and relaxed feel.
- Villa Rustica – The most delicious, traditional Italian food. You can’t go wrong whether you eat in or take away, and don’t forget a scoop of Gelato to go!
Sit back, relax and unwind in these luxurious spots.
- Hot Blow Dry and Beauty Lounge – Not just for beautiful blow-outs, this chic salon boasts some amazing stylists with a glamorous décor.
- Totally Hott Salon – With the same owners as the Hot Blow Dry Rye, this salon is super trendy, which makes it perfect as a go-to salon when your tress is a mess. Make sure you ask for Melissa Rende, she is the absolute BEST and has even has celebrity clientele on her resume!
- Nail Ridge – Friendly staff and amazing manicures, including a wax hand-dip to replenish skin. Don’t forget to ask for a frequent visit card to gain free services.
- Coco Nail Spa – Another great spot conveniently located next to Lenny’s bagels, so you can pick up an iced coffee with your mani/pedi.
Where to get your sweat on…
- Soul Cycle – The energy in this place is infectious. It’s no wonder the classes fill up fast! Ride your way to a new you and don’t forget to sign up way in advance!
- SLT – This studio helps Strengthen, Lengthen and Tone your body! It gives you a quick and efficient workout that is guaranteed to get you in the best of shape.
- Bikram Yoga & Hot Hit Pilates – Bikram Yoga studio is where you can bend and stretch in 105 degrees to get your Namaste on.
Where to Shop
- Balduccis – With a beautiful array of cheeses and meats so eloquently presented, Balducci’s actually makes grocery shopping a joy. From a lunch and dinner buffet (both hot and cold), to a beautiful gift section, shopping has never been easier or more enjoyable!
- Lesters – If you’ve never frequented one in the city, this clothing store is a perfect place for kids to get the newest and trendiest things. Trust me, all the kids in school are wearing their gear.
- LV2BFIT – Although small, this adorable fashion boutique has tons of cute things, focusing on workout attire alongside cute bags and clutches.
- Mixology – A trendy store for young and old alike. Shop the latest styles seen on celebrities.
One of the greatest things about Rye Brook is that even if all of these incredible options still don’t have what you need, Port Chester and the Town of Rye are a very quick ride away. While being commutable to Manhattan, Rye Brook makes the perfect place to spend the day or raise a family.